Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Apologies!

My fellow students and I have been learning the gift of patience. We have not had internet since 2008! We are promised that it will happen when it happens, and that they are doing their best. That is kind of the way things work here, between the lack of schedules and professors not coming to class on the first day. I do not mind the peacefulness of an unplugged, less fast-paced lifestyle, but I wish I could communicate with my family and friends about all of the amazing adventures I have had in the past week, and ensure everyone that I am safe and sound and happy! I also hope in turn that things are going well back in the US.

I only have ten minutes before my Hindi class, so here are a few quick highlights:

- first autorickshaw ride- on my birthday. Anyone who drives in India has a deathwish.
- monkeys, peacocks, cattle, wild dogs, gigantic bats, and various other creatures roam the campus .
- we have covered most of the tourist hot spots in the city (Charminar, Mosques, Tombs, Forts, etc).
-the colors are fantastic, bright and beautiful.
-the food. oh my god.
-(I haven't even gotten TOO sick yet!)

I have to go to class, but I will try to make it to the library more often until our net's back up.
Miss you all!!

3 comments:

  1. Laurel,
    Wow, it sounds wild and fun already! Hope you're getting lots of great pictures/video.
    Love, Aunt Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have dogs and cats and peacocks running around too!

    hope all is well, m'dear :) :) i wanna skype wit U soooonz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. You got the first part right.

    Most Indian drivers are slightly over the top. I don't think we really ever learnt how to use breaks :D

    - Karthik

    ReplyDelete