Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Off Again!

Well I've managed to reclaim my computer from this sketchy technology center down an alley near Hyderabad Central in Panjagutta, run by a nice man with a limp and a woman with an extra toe.  Unfortunately, my hostel's internet is out again due to some fire somewhere important.  Anyways, I have just uploaded a TON of photos from my trip to Aurangabad, but I can't write much because I have to go study for my Hindi test and Cognitive Psych Internal before I leave for my next endeavor.  Tomorrow we depart for Chennai, then Pondicherry, where we will stay until Sunday night.  The cities are located on the southeast coast of India, and Chennai is known for its beaches and Pondicherry its French influence.  A few things I've learned lately.. "Maps don't work in India," and "There are no lines in India," are two very true phrases.  When I get back, I will spend some time discussing the caste system, arranged marriages, "man love," and a few things that I will never get accustomed to such as seeing the swastika symbol everywhere (a hindi sign for health and prosperity).  Love you all, hope everyone is well! 

A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Joey, whom I miss very much!! Have a great one!! :)

1 comment: