Thursday, December 18, 2008

Preparations/Coughing Fits

So I have been shopping my brains out in order to prepare for both my trip to India and for the Christmas holiday.  I have also been coughing up a lung and trying to squeeze in various goodbye hugs.  I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to hopefully get some cough medicine with codeine so that I can sleep (and the rest of the house can too).  In other news, I have recently discovered that my acid green suitcase will not be large enough to fit my packing list.  A pathetic test run proved this immediately.  Fortunately, my lovely grandmother has offered to lend me her larger suitcase.  The swap will go down in New York on Sunday at 3:00pm behind the shed next to where the old willow tree used to be.   I'll be bringing my cronies.  

I have become accustomed to that feeling of not really knowing what I'm doing, but at least I'm doing something.  I am also feeling very bad about messing up everyone's holiday and making all my loved ones worried about me.  I do feel in my heart that everything will be fine, and I will be back before they all know it.   Fortunately, my dad is on his way home with some Cumberland House of Pizza on his passenger seat, and my mouth is already watering.  I am looking forward to spending the next week with my family and friends, and preparing myself to embark on this journey to India.

14 comments:

  1. Laurel,
    We miss you already! I'm so thrilled to have been mentioned in the blog! Be sure to post lots of updates. I'll be asking Jack to check for me! love, Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurel,
    As you can see, I've created a sort of group gmail account so that we could post to the blog. The email is chaunceygleason@gmail.com! Even if no one else is checkng it, I will be! Aunt Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurel,
    Just one more message. I'm showing Jack how to post. Aunt Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Laurel,

    I wish good luck for your studies in India. I hope you would enjoy staying in Hyderabad. Be in touch. See u soon.

    Happy journey..!!!

    Devesh

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for you! I can't wait to see some amazing pictures, and hear some crazy stories.

    And first adventure is HEATHROW AIRPORT! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm jealous you are going to have such an AMAZING time :) love you so much and good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of love from mom... I'll be fine...breathe... You will have a wonderful experience and be home safe before we know it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks to everyone for your wonderful support :) i love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laurel, Glad to hear you are on the ground. Be careful, have fun , love Nana 'Bumpa' Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LAUREL. Just uncle Jack checking in, how is it? We think of you alot, and hope you are settled in.Grandpa's leg is acting up, I've been busy snow-blowing,squirrel igloo building, and generally trying to keep the 'OLD PEOPLE' happy. Love you,miss you, JACK. P.S, Only your father could have come up with the squirrel graviton, you'r mom & dad are genius's,(YOU'R DAD NEEDED PROOF, YOU'R MOM I'VE ALWAYS KNOWN). Genetics has blessed you, (she shopped around) take care, have fun, see you soon! Love Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laurel, by the shed near the old willow, I found some frilly nickers, in the off chance they are your's Nana is holding on to them. Manzini.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Luarel, knickers is spelled knickers. Uncle Mike

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Laurel,
    Ashley sez: Hi Laurel! Stay safe, and make sure to post pictures of the beautiful Indian clothing. Love you and study hard!
    Sarah sez: Hi Laurel! I hope you're having a great time. Studying abroad is an incredible experience. Remember, once you give the strays names then they're yours!
    Uncle Mike and Aunt Lauren say hello too!

    ReplyDelete